Colesmoor Farm Glamping in the Woodland Retreat
Mrs Rachael Geddes.
Colesmoor Farm, Toller Porcorum, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 0DU.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Telephone 01300 320812 / 07752 437092
The perfect escape, come and enjoy the private facilities in an idyllic location. The hut is situated in a 22 acre woodland at the heart of our family farm. Surrounded by nature, sit back and enjoy the sights and sounds of our local wildlife. On sunny evenings relax on the veranda overlooking the pond or snuggle up in front of the wood burner after a day of exploring.
Vehicles are parked a short walk from the hut and on wet days wellies may be required. King size double bed with views overlooking the pond, all bedding and towels are provided. Although running water is available it is not suitable for drinking; potable water is provided. The kitchen is fitted with a double gas burner and fridge/freezer. Please note there is no oven, however outside there is a double gas BBQ with gas provided.
There is a small log burner inside to warm up and dry off on any wet cold days. easily heating the small space. Outside there is a fire pit with locally sourced timber seating. On your arrival you will be provided with a bag of either small (for the wood burner) or large logs (for the fire pit). Additional bags are available for £5 each. The spacious en-suite bathroom has gas heated shower and a composting toilet. The hut is powered by solar panels with 12volt USB charging ports available.
You will be sharing the woodland with a range of wildlife with foxes and deer frequently moving through the area. Mallard ducks and moorhens raise their young on the pond through the summer months. The woodland is filled with elderflower, wild raspberries and blackberries during spring and summer.
A few useful points for your stay
- All towels and bedding are provided
- There is a BBQ on site and gas is provided for this
- Please note there is no oven, indoor gas hobs and an outdoor BBQ are both available for cooking.
- Included in the hut for your use is tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- We provide washing up liquid, hand soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner – all of these products are biodegradable, and we encourage their use due to our wastewater handling.
- Due to the hut being off grid charging is only available via 12v charger (USB). If mains charging is essential we can facilitate this in our accommodation on the farm.
- On arrival 1 bag of logs will be provided, these can either be large (for the fire pit) or small (for the log burner). If you require any additional bags these can be purchased for £5 a bag, some kindling, fire lighters and matches are also provided.
- The nearest amenities are 3 miles away in the village of Maiden Newton, there is a village shop providing local produce, a well-stocked Spar and petrol station.
- Bridport is our nearest town, large supermarkets and a range of shops are available. There is a great local market on Saturday mornings.